Thursday, November 6, 2008

A week and a half went by.

I caught the knitting bug a week and a half ago. I've made 7 short projects. Only 5 are pictured here. This pattern for these scarflets came from here. I love how easily they come together and the Malabrigo is divine, luxurious even.
My lovely friend Melanie modeled for me. She is an expert at most forms of handwork. We drool over Japanese craft magazine together.
I really like the closure on this scarf. I decided that weaving the end through two slits would make it lay flatter and I was right. It also creates an interesting detail.
These were fun and really quick. I was inspired here. Mine are shorter and I used linen stitch on the one above, which is my new favorite, and basketweave on the one below.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I realized yesterday that I had neglected to email you and let you know that I got the BTRS Swap quilt and I love it! I thought I'd bragged about it on my blog, only to do a quick search and find that I didn't. Well! How absolutely rude of me. It seems I only managed to express my love for it on Flickr. My apologies. I do appreciate it and am quite thankful for all the hard work you put into it.

Enjoy the knitting!