Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 Tourist in My Hometown

When my daughter told me she hadn't walked across the Golden Gate Bridge, I was shocked. My mom would take me all over. We covered every neighborhood and tourist destination (except the top of Coit Tower and Alcatraz). So, realizing how neglectful I've been of taking her around and making sure she has experienced all the great parts of San Francisco, caused me a little guilt.

I've decided that this year, her 13th, I'll remedy the situation. Welcome to the 2012 Tourist in my Hometown Event.
New Years Day we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge and back with some friends. It was a beautiful day. We only had to battle the wind around the towers. Is it a tradition to walk the bridge New Years Day, because it seemed like the whole world was out there. Even so, we're going to need to do this again. Might even walk to Sausalito like my mom and I used to do.

No comments: